The Douglas County Chamber and Douglas County Economic Development Authority are joining forces to support our Douglas County restaurants and provide daily meals to the over 700 healthcare workers and public safety workers serving on the frontlines at Wellstar Douglas Hospital. We created the “Douglas Strong Fund” to support this effort as well as create a fund for the recovery effort of COVID-19. 100% of funds will be used to purchase meals which will be delivered to Wellstar Douglas Hospital and public safety workers. Individually packaged meals will be delivered to a safe location for workers to receive meals during their shifts. All meals will be provided by Douglas County restaurants who will be paid for these meals. This is a win-win-win …. frontline workers need our support, local businesses need our patronage, and the residents of Douglas County want to do what they do best, help each other.
- We are purchasing individually packaged meals from our local restaurants and caterers!
- There are about 460 healthcare workers each day that we are hoping to feed!
- The daily cost to provide meals is about $2,000
- The Chamber and Development Authority staff are handling the logistics
- Any donated funds that are not utilized will be designated for the Douglas County recovery effort of COVID-19
How you can help?