The Douglas County Chamber is encouraging our members to make fact-based decisions and to stay updated regarding COVID19.
The Douglas County Chamber Executive Board convened this morning in a special called meeting to discuss how to proceed with our Chamber events/programs and the COVID19 outbreak.
A decision was made to postpone the following large events:
– GreyStone Power Leadership Luncheon at the Douglasville Conference Center (scheduled for 3/18) to a later date
– Celebrate You! Women’s Event (scheduled for 3/20) to a later date
– Assured Comfort Business After Hours at the Douglasville Conference Center (scheduled for 3/26) to October 29, 2020
– SunTrust now Truist Business for Breakfast at Douglas County Schools (scheduled for 4/2) to a later date
– Strategic Leadership Visit (scheduled for 4/22-24) to a later date
For the most accurate information pertaining to Chamber committees, leads groups, and other meetings or events, please visit www.douglascountygeorgia.com/events.
For factual resources during this global health concern, please review the following employer resource links:
- Latest news on COVID19 in Georgia from the Governor’s Office
- View the U.S. Chamber of Commerce’s Coronavirus resource page
- View the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention webpage for businesses: Interim Guidance for Businesses and Employers to Plan and Respond to Coronavirus Disease 2019, Feb 2020.
- Sign up for CDC.gov email updates
- Watch a webinar with discussion from Dr. Nancy Messonnier, staff lead for the CDC’s National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases
The Douglas County Chamber will continue to keep members and partners informed on the latest news and facts surrounding this issue and work to send out communication as it is deemed relevant, timely and beneficial. For more information on the Douglas County Chamber, please visit www.douglascountygeorgia.com.