The Douglas County Chamber is looking toward the future and is focusing on our mission to support, promote, and attract business for the advancement of our community.
Chamber membership is much more valuable than any list of services and benefits could possibly communicate. That’s because the real value is in the relationships formed, economic and community development efforts and advocacy on your behalf regarding business-friendly legislation. These help to keep our local business community sustainable and growing!
We operate with the highest ethical standards in all our interactions, constantly exhibiting respect and concern for our members, partners and stakeholders.
As leaders, we facilitate positive change by developing relationships with our members, civic leaders, government agencies and authorities, and charitable organizations to assist in achieving the best results for our community.
We deliver on our promises to be good stewards of our resources and to provide great return on investment to our members and partners. We deliver outstanding programs, opportunities and events for our community.
We seek input from our members and operate with their best interest in mind by adapting our programs, events and policies to meet their business needs. We strive to be inclusive of all businesses in our community.
We constantly evaluate trends, technology, programs, events and training to find new ways to provide leadership, service and value to our members and our community.
Economic and Workforce Development
The convener for collaborative workforce development efforts in the community
• Develop task force for concentrated focus on local workforce pipeline
• Work to align education/training with job needs in our community
• Work with K-16 education providers to ensure business collaboration
& community support
• Partner with Development Authority to implement and fund community and
economic development strategic plan
• Support and promote entrepreneurism and small business growth through
Small Business Sustainability Center, programming and mentorship
(Buy Local/ Small Business of Excellence Program/ Seminars)
Advocacy & Government Relations
The most respected/powerful voice on business issues in the community
• Maintain involvement with city, county, state and federal elected leaders
• Utilize technology to quickly survey membership about local/state/federal issues
and report business voice to elected representatives
• Engage Chamber member and community leader engagement through
execution of Douglas County Day at General Assembly
• Plan Washington Fly-In to represent community concerns with congressional leaders
• Maintain positive relationships with news media and communication partners
to ensure local media are receiving then publishing important stories
Member Service & Satisfaction
Grow membership and increase membership value
• Engage membership w/surveys about variety of services/needs
• Retain current members through increased engagement
(Diplomats/ Big Thank You/appreciation programs)
• Grow Chamber through new member acquisition
• Investigation feasibility of tiered dues membership
• Increase member value through outstanding events and diversified programs to
meet the needs of members where they are (YPC/leads groups/CHOW)
Leadership development and community enrichment
• Develop enrichment program for board members, and identify a pipeline
for future leaders who represent a diverse community
• Expand Strengths Based Chamber initiative across all Chamber programs
• Identify and execute Strategic Leadership Visits to model communities informed
by needs in our own community
• Host keynote speakers and small business seminars on topics to position
Chamber as thought leader in business education
• Utilize Chamber Foundation as community leadership training program
(Leadership Douglas/ Youth Leadership Douglas/ Young Professionals Connection)
• Grow Chairmans Club as top-level business thought leadership group
High Performing Chamber
World-class organizational performance
• Benchmark DC Chamber against ACCE dashboard of Chambers across country
• Professional financial reviews every year
• Utilize performance management plans for CEO/staff/board
• Maintain Georgia Certified Chamber designation
• Staff & board trained annually on best practices and industry trends
• Review, update and implement strategic plan, by-laws, policies and procedures regularly